Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My New Media Thumb


So if gardeners have a green thumb, what do new media artists get? Apparently we, or at least I, get an injured thumb. My thumb first got gashed going to see spiderman for our senses assignment, and now I have a sizable blister from my latest project. I zip-tied cameras to coat-hanger rods and took a series of pictures from different angels. Whereas yes, that could be accomplished with one camera, well, that's just not as fun. I tried compositing a couple of them together, and got some cool patterns, but nothing mind-bending just yet. If the blister is any indication, I won't stop until it hurts. Anyway, I got the blister from cranking all of the advance-sprockets on the cameras. They were a little tough to wind as the zip-ties compressed the casing, and the sprockets wouldn't roll forward. Since I was out in the field (literally, and a forest), I couldn't undo the ties. Therefore, the blister. I guess I could submit my thumb as my project.

No comments: